|About Our Business
The Lubbock Hair Academy is licensed by the Texas Department of License and
Regulation (TDLR). In addition, the United States Department of Education, Texas
Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services, and Veterans Administration
approve the school for training.
Lubbock Barber College was established by L. J. Blaylock in June of 1955 and was
later sold to Bob Gage and Dave Loyd. Since 1978, James Vivial has owned the
institution. Phillip Vivial joined as co-owner in 1999. The name of the institution was
changed in 1994 from Lubbock Barber College to Lubbock Hair Academy. The school
has been in the same location since its establishment in 1955.
FACILITIES AND EQUIPMENT
The Lubbock Hair Academy is located in Lubbock, Texas at 2844-34th Street. The
building contains approximately 4,800 square feet. The facility consists of two offices,
four restrooms, classroom, dressing room, lounge area, utility room, and two clinical
floor areas. One clinical floor area is equipped with twenty-five stations for student
barbers. Each student station has a custom designed cabinet, sink, and personal vanity.
The second area is equipped with multiple stations for student nail technicians.
The classroom includes a blackboard, charts, desks and a library with an on line
computer available for student use during school hours. All areas are provided with
central air-conditioning and heating. An air purifier is also provided in the nail technician
area. All areas have substantial space and lighting.